By Jeffrey Hoffstein,Jill Pipher,Joseph H. Silverman
This self-contained creation to trendy cryptography emphasizes the maths in the back of the speculation of public key cryptosystems and electronic signature schemes. The e-book makes a speciality of those key issues whereas constructing the mathematical instruments wanted for the development and safety research of numerous cryptosystems. in basic terms easy linear algebra is needed of the reader; concepts from algebra, quantity thought, and chance are brought and built as required. this article presents a terrific advent for arithmetic and computing device technological know-how scholars to the mathematical foundations of recent cryptography. The booklet contains an in depth bibliography and index; supplementary fabrics can be found online.
The booklet covers various subject matters which are thought of principal to mathematical cryptography. Key themes include:
- classical cryptographic structures, comparable to Diffie–Hellmann key trade, discrete logarithm-based cryptosystems, the RSA cryptosystem, and electronic signatures;
- fundamental mathematical instruments for cryptography, together with primality checking out, factorization algorithms, chance concept, info thought, and collision algorithms;
- an in-depth therapy of vital cryptographic options, equivalent to elliptic curves, elliptic curve and pairing-based cryptography, lattices, lattice-based cryptography, and the NTRU cryptosystem.
The moment version of An advent
to Mathematical Cryptography features a major revision of the fabric on electronic signatures, together with an prior advent to RSA, Elgamal, and DSA signatures, and new fabric on lattice-based signatures and rejection sampling. Many sections were rewritten or elevated for readability, in particular within the chapters on info thought, elliptic curves, and lattices, and the bankruptcy of extra themes has been accelerated to incorporate sections on electronic funds and homomorphic encryption. Numerous new routines were included.
Read or Download An Introduction to Mathematical Cryptography (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics) PDF
Similar number theory books
Pell's equation is a part of a important sector of algebraic quantity concept that treats quadratic varieties and the constitution of the earrings of integers in algebraic quantity fields. it's a terrific subject to guide students, in addition to a few proficient and stimulated highschool scholars, to a greater appreciation of the ability of mathematical method.
This self-contained advent to fashionable cryptography emphasizes the math at the back of the speculation of public key cryptosystems and electronic signature schemes. The booklet makes a speciality of those key issues whereas constructing the mathematical instruments wanted for the development and protection research of numerous cryptosystems.
Discriminant equations are a tremendous classification of Diophantine equations with shut ties to algebraic quantity conception, Diophantine approximation and Diophantine geometry. This e-book is the 1st complete account of discriminant equations and their purposes. It brings jointly many facets, together with powerful effects over quantity fields, potent effects over finitely generated domain names, estimates at the variety of recommendations, functions to algebraic integers of given discriminant, energy necessary bases, canonical quantity platforms, root separation of polynomials and relief of hyperelliptic curves.
This quantity is devoted to Robert F. Tichy at the party of his sixtieth birthday. offering 22 examine and survey papers written by means of major specialists of their respective fields, it makes a speciality of parts that align with Tichy’s learn pursuits and which he considerably formed, together with Diophantine difficulties, asymptotic counting, uniform distribution and discrepancy of sequences (in conception and application), dynamical structures, leading numbers, and actuarial arithmetic.
- Stream Ciphers and Number Theory (North-Holland Mathematical Library)
- p-adic Numbers: An Introduction (Universitext)
- Topological Algebras with Involution (North-Holland Mathematics Studies)
- Arithmetic Tales (Universitext)
- A Concrete Approach to Abstract Algebra: From the Integers to the Insolvability of the Quintic
- 17 Lectures on Fermat Numbers: From Number Theory to Geometry (CMS Books in Mathematics)
Extra info for An Introduction to Mathematical Cryptography (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics)